FACTORS IN THE SEXUAL SATISFACTION
OBESE WOMEN IN RELATIONSHIPS
Participants were obtained from sources listed below:
1. From Radiance magazine's Web page, we received 40 responses.
2. From reader responses to an article Fat Is A Sexual Issue written by the author and published in oooO baby BABY magazine and on their Web site, in Fall of 1999, and from the posting of an ad there, we received 19 responses.
3. From postings on various Web sites, we received 18 responses.
4. Using a mailing list from a boutique for large women in southern California, we received 5 responses.
5. From the National Association for the Advancement of Fat Acceptance Web site posting, we received 11 responses.
6. Personal referrals and word-of-mouth brought us 7 responses.
7. From Big Beautiful Woman (BBW) magazine, we received 6 responses.
8. From ads in New Woman Magazine, we received 4 responses.
9. From Mode Magazine, we received 1 response.
10. Eight responses did not indicate any source.
All questionnaires were returned over a four-month period, June 1999
Example of Advertisement used in magazines:
NEEDED FOR RESEARCH!
Large women in long-term relationships.
Fill out Ph.D. questionnaire,
body image, sexual behaviors, partner attitudes
Lilka Areton, 20 Forrest Ct., San Anselmo, Ca 94960
Tel: 415-453-4018, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Another Advertisement used:
Ph.D. Survey for Large Women with Partners on
Body image, sensuality. 415-453-4018, email@example.com